email me. feel awesome.

28 December 2008

Go Read Watchmen. Sooooo Good.

So, I tried to de-lame-ify Katelyn's gift, and I hope it worked. It's more personalised, so, yes. Fingers crossed.
Except when I am I ever going to give it to her? We haven't had a date or even just a hanging out in five or six days. That is a long, long time for me, considering I don't usually go longer than a day without seeing her, and even then, I talk to her on the phone or msn. But no, there has been no phone or msn, and truth be told (as sad and needy and pathetic as it may sound), I'm getting kind of lonely. Rachel has called, once for me to vent on her (but she ended up venting on me and then it turned into a barrel of laughs and a plot against Joel), another to invite me to the movies tonight, which I really appreciated, but I had to work. And we've made plans to spend New Year's together with Batman and popcorn. And Burm took me skating on Saturday, which was amazing. Burm, you pulled me out of wallowing loneliness yesterday. You are my shining light, you gleaming knight in armour!
Anyway. So I know that makes it seem like my loneliness is not justified, but really, a call is a call, and skating was fun and great, but I haven't had the chance to just sit and talk with a friend in a while. Too long. Rachel said I seem so independent that people assume it's okay when I'm by myself, which it is, because I am independent, but even the strongest of us need someone to lean on now and then. And I miss having that.
Doggone it, I miss my soulmate.
I love you Burm, and enjoy your company.
I love you Rachel, and I definitely always enjoy your phone calls.
But it's not the same as being with you physically, Rachel, and Wednesday seems like a long way off from here.
Man alive Katelyn, why'd you disappear on me. I love you more than I thought, I suppose. More than you thought.
That must be quite a lot.
Because I'm feeling very lonely.

6 comments:

Virginia said...

i will quote someone that you know "i understand"

Callie said...

you know how to make me bitter.

Virginia said...

i thought it was funny in a "haha" sort of way

Callie said...

i said hah in my brain when i read it.
but it was not happy.

Virginia said...

well if it was in your brain and you were "hah"ing it was in a happy sort of way because laughter is suppose to be happy

Anonymous said...

not when it's bitter