email me. feel awesome.

28 December 2008

I Am Blessed

Despite the immense fury that fumed within me the other day, I know that I have a good and great life filled with many blessings.
My rights, for example. I am evidently entitled to basic human rights, as I am more or less a human, but I have many freedoms, such a speech and liberty of person. I have the right of association, which I always take for granted. Imagine if you weren't allowed, by law for corn's sake, to just be with who you wanted to be with? Or be in a group or club or attend meetings or have an individual political standing? It would be NUTS. It would be...miserable. I love this country. Well, parts of it. I can't say I'm too big on the whole conservative party-Stephen Harper-failure of government-coalition government-prorogued government-bad news government dealio, but that shall change soon, I imagine. I hope.
I am blessed with my crazed and loud family, who, despite all the picking-upon of the youngest child that goes on all the time, I know love me and to whom I return the love. And the snarky comebacks.
I'm blessed with my cute little pets. Cheerio, what with his outrageous, overpowering yet typically feline personality, and his wonderfully soft, clean fur (which is as spotless as it is because of his obsession with cleaning himself every ten minutes or so), and the way he lands too loud for a cat and the way he drools like a dog when he's happy. I love that cat. He's wonderful. And of course my cutest wee, Clara, the darlingest little one of all. So pathetic, so wimpy, so obedient, so intelligent. Such a loyal companion is she! Muah. I do love my little Clarabelle. Those two know when I'm up and when I'm down.
The other two cats are kind of just dumb, but they're cute too, in their own ways. Their mother did go kind of crooked, after all. It's too bad, really. Had to give her away.
I'm blessed with talents, with happiness, with so much. With art of all kinds. With writing (not that it's necessarily evident on this blog thinger). I do love my life. Most of all, I am blessed with the presence of God in my life. I pour myself out to him and love him and worship him, and I'm so eternally thankful that he loves me and has given me faith and a family who supports my faith, and everything else I do, too. I love you, God, and can never thank you enough for the way you have changed, continue to change and will change my life.

"On Fire"
Switchfoot

They tell you where you need to go
They tell you when you'll need to leave
They tell you what you need to know
They tell you who you need to be

But everything inside you knows
There's more than what you've heard
There's so much more than empty conversations
Filled with empty words

And you're on fire
When He's near you
You're on fire
When He speaks
You're on fire
Burning at these mysteries

Give me one more time around
Give me one more chance to see
Give me everything You are
Give me one more chance to be (near You)

Cause everything inside me looks like
Everything I hate
You are the hope I have for change
You are the only chance I'll take

I'm on fire
When You're near me
I'm on fire
When You speak
And I'm on fire
Burning at these mysteries
These mysteries

I'm standing on the edge of me
I'm standing on the edge of everything I've never been before.
And I've been standing on the edge of me
Standing on the edge

And I'm on fire
When You're near me
I'm on fire
When You speak
I'm on fire
Burning at these mysteries... these mysteries... these mysteries
Ah you're the mystery
You're the mystery

No comments: