email me. feel awesome.

13 December 2008

Sonnet D and Quatrain D

For my best friend.

Comfort is something you often provide
When I am plagued by sadness, anger, woe.
Always I can expect you by my side.
Your continual love is what I know
To be ever-present no matter who
Or how or what happens, or where I go.
You're happy to support the things I do.
Though at times you can be quite cumbersome,
What with your strange demands and ignorance
Of where you ought to be in relation
To all else. O! But should I get the chance
To demonstrate my mutual fondness for
Thee, I'd not turn away. I love you more!

Companionship: within you it abounds.
Idiocy: it crops up now and then.
Energy: flourishes knowing no bounds.
Intelligence: you prove time and again.

I can't even express how much I love you and need you and depend on you. You have done more for me than you think.

1 comment:

Virginia said...

well these are nice words you speak of about your dog