email me. feel awesome.

11 December 2008

Ghostly Formalities






Today I experienced a very formal conversation. It was so formal I felt like I was in a higher class of building than I was, which wouldn't take much. Anyway, it made me laugh.
"Excuse me, I was wondering if I could use your television."
"For what purpose?"
"A man from [some company name] wants to show my students a DVD."
"Unfortunately, I already have a video set up for my class today."
"Oh, alright."
"I am sorry about that,"
"It's alright; I will just arrange for an alternative."
I'm not sure if they were talking like that on purpose if they just so happened to be using unusually formal language for the stature of which they are, but it was intriguing nonetheless.
In other news, Mrs. Bell is leaving. No, Mrs. Bell, we don't want you to leave! Aghhhhh. Well, some of us do, but they don't appreciate the obvious greatness this woman possesses. So they cna go not miss Bell elsewhere. Yeesh.
The day hasn't ended yet, but so far, I'd end it with a question mark, because I'm puzzling about a few things, particularly why my vocal teacher wasn't there to teach today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i understand

Anonymous said...

the pretty high picture. :) i like it...

Virginia said...

He wasn't there Omg, he was probably hitting up the muesum you know making a day of it :)

Callie said...

oh ginny! my goodness.

Virginia said...

it is a creative comment i thought