email me. feel awesome.

22 December 2008

Financial Superiority



my pasta for lunch



this random car is still buried






It was so cold today my ears felt like they were on fire, which is strange. They were so cold I wanted to cry. My hands still aren't really very warm.
Katelyn attempted to Christmas shop again today and failed again today, buying some earrings, but it was not much. Alex was being...well, not the greatest she could have been. Anyway, it was really cold and my debit card was being an idiot and not letting me buy stuff again. RRG.
I'm worried that Katelyn will think the gift I got her was lame, so I'm going to buy her another one to make up for the lameness of the original. Also we might go on a date tonight to make up for the one she ditched the other day, and if not than we'll go tomorrow. I'm also worried that my mom's gift is too lame so I might buy her something else. Courtland bought Jena a guitar and I'm feeling mightily inferior. I'm not exactly rolling in it, you see.
Isn't it strange how we can just look at a person and assume their gender? How there are obvious characteristics that make them appear male or female, like shoulders or hips or breasts or lack thereof? We look at people and say oh that's a man, but how can you really know? It may in fact be a woman with unusually manly features, seeing as you can't see their genitalia. That thought has just always crossed my mind. It's interesting.
Oh! Know what else is interesting? How looking into someone's eyes means that you're paying attention to them. Eyes are so strange. Humans are so strange. Toes are really strange, just little stubs poking out into the world. Crazy bodies, have we.
So far today deserves no punctuation. You know how people sometimes miss the period or whatever it is at the end of the sentence, and it seems so empty and inconclusive? Yes. Like that.

3 comments:

Virginia said...

i liked the line about the toes lol "just little stubs poking out into the world"

Anonymous said...

he bought her a guitar/?! that was awfully nice of him

Callie said...

hm. yes. awfully nice.