email me. feel awesome.

07 July 2009

Happy Birthday Lover!!


It's Burma's birthday party today! Woot! Happy birthday lady! It's rad because we get to dress up all stupidly fancy for no reason other than Burm's obvious greatness. This is the collage of pictures and things I made for her, and I'm putting it up in public on the pretense that she probably doesn't read my blog, and won't be today, as she'll be preparing for the festivities. So I'm safe to show it. I also have brownies in the oven to give everybody, and they are going to be scrumptious because as I was making the batter it was the exact right texture and lightness. Unfortunately, we have no walnuts, otherwise I would have put those in. I like them best with white chocolate chips, but we have none of those either. So, for today, they are purist brownies. I will perhaps make an adventure for myself and fetch some icing sugar for icing.
In other mundane news, I've been listening to the radio a lot lately; 107.5 KoolFM to be specific. I've discovered it has a relatively short playlist, which should be expected I guess, as it is the sister station of 95.7 Rock95, which also has a short playlist. Anyway, what this means is that the same songs are played all the time, and since I've been listening regularly, I'm getting to know the songs and artists I was otherwise oblivious to. There happens to be this Miley Cyrus song they play slightly less often than other songs, but still repetitively, and I am definitely anti-Miley Cyrus. Hannah Montana really sucks, along with all those other Disney or Family shows or whatever channel it is, and her music is SO AWFUL. That is why I am so baffled and mildly disgusted at myself for having not only found myself singing along with the song once, but TWICE. In the same playing of the song! It was terrible. I just sang one line and I stopped and thought, what? Did that just happen? As if that just happened! Never again! So I continued doing what I was doing, but then I started singing absentmindedly again. I stopped again. ARG! As if this happened to me, the leader of the Miley Cyrus opposition! I mean, I know it was only absentmindedly, so at least I wasn't consciously thinking about singing it, and it only happened because KoolFM likes to play songs a billion times over, so even if the lyrics weren't simple and repetitive, they were brainwashed into me. But, you know. It still sucks. Next time that song comes on, which will probably be in about and hour and half, I will turn off the radio for two minutes and go pee or something.
Decision made.

1 comment:

katelyn said...

i caught myself singing along to her once too. it was awful and i was mad at myself