email me. feel awesome.

17 July 2009

Callie, the Ever-Fascinated

Ok, so those are the pictures from two days ago, and the cat is just a cat we saw on the sidewalk that was really cute.
I failed at taking pictures yesterday, so it looks like in order to get 365 pictures, this will have to be project 366. Which is ok with me.
Anyway, this big long blog I spoke of yesterday is going to happen right now.

Today's blog is written originally on a yellowed sheet of formerly white paper in my bedroom, so perhaps the quality of writing will be different. I doubt it. But I do this because the computer is currently in use, and I'm bored, and I've read my Bible and worked out already so I have nothing else to do until we go to the beach (we went to the beach yesterday and it was good).
Last night I wrote something on lined paper, but in handwriting, and my handwriting is really exaggerated and calligraphic, and I tell you this because I'm writing this in all capitals, which is what I do when I want people to be able to read my writing, as my printing is very messy. When I was about to start writing this paper blog, my first instinct was to use handwriting as that was the last writing I used, but I switched to capitals instead. You see, this is sort of interesting because my three forms of writing are generally used for different purposes because of their aesthetics. My handwriting is used for personal writing that I want a specific person to see, like a letter or caption on a picture. My printing is ridiculously untidy and tiny, but it writes the fastest, so I use that when I know I'm the only one reading it or there are a lot of things to get written before I forget them, like with my stories/poems/etc in my writing book, or when I take notes at school. My all caps writing, which is what I'm currently using, is the neatest because the letter are blocky, big and clear. I use this when I take a message on the phone or write to someone I don't know very well--something anyone can read.
So, me using this "font" of sort is very intriguing. What made me choose this? I didn't choose handwriting, which makes sense, because it doesn't apply here and it is my least preferred form of writing. But I still could have chosen printing. I mean, I am the onyl one who is ever going to read this version, so wouldn't printing have made sense? Plus I have a lot of thoughts about handwriting and stuff that I don't want to forget, so the speed would have been helpful, and all caps writes slow. Maybe I chose caps because subconsciously I knew that this blog was going to be something I wanted everyone to be able to read, any of which I could not know very well, or at all. It's very interesting.
Also interesting is that handwriting is supposed to have a large reflection on the writer's personality. I don't know what mine could mean, since it's so very varied. It's cool how physical things like writing or body language are reflections of theoretical but very real things like a person's mind or personality.
I was talking to Katelyn about brains yesterday, and how they give us the physical ability to be who and what we are and things like that, and I said that brains never cease to amaze me and that I could talk about them all day. She said I should be a neurologist. That would be the coolest thing ever! Getting paid to study brains? Like, how rad can it get? I would love to study brains. That would be so amazing. I would like to study and do research on how they actually function and stuff, and I would also like to relate brain functions to personality and behavioural functions and dysfunctions. Your brain is like the ultimate hybrid of physical and theoretical or philosophical things, and it allows you to observe that crazy balance of known and unknown things, which is so crazy. It controls your body, and it's part of your body, but it also control your inner self that no one really knows but you and God. Or does your inner self control your brain? Since your physical self reflects your inner self to others, and your body is controlled by your brain, wouldn't that make sense? It's so fascinating! I could go on about it all day. ; maybe you can tell. Ha, ha. Seriously though, if I had a job with brains I would get such unbelievable satisfaction from it, and I'd probably thank God for brains every five minutes. I would love to work with actual brains, or people with dysfunctional brains, like being a psychoanalyst or to work with people who are institutionalized. That would so cool.
Anyway, this blog has gone on for a long time, and it will keep going unless I stop myself. I love brains! Ha, ha. I'm going to get my prescription for my gross toes today, so I should get going.
Aah, I wish I knew more about brains!
My goodness.
I'm insane.
:D

No comments: