email me. feel awesome.

11 July 2009

Urgh

I'm deciding I might do this Project 365 thing, as seen on a blog I accidentally found, called Just the Ashes. It consists of me taking a photo every day for a year, and since I pretty much do this anyway, I imagine it will be a very doable project that will bear no particularly heavy weight of change on my life. Also, it will make me actually think a little bit about taking pictures, so I'll probably remember to take my camera along with me in my journeys. I guess I'll start tomorrow, because I'm not feeling picture-y today, though I may later.
I went to a wedding shower of a couple I don't really know to sit around with a bunch of people I don't really know and be offered drinks I didn't want and literally laughed at because I didn't want to drink. I just don't drink, that's all. I mean, the people who laughed at me were kind of drunk, but it was still sort of embarrassing. Anyway, regardless of being a target for picking on for a little while, the shower sucked. I mean, I'm not trying to be rude, but it did. I didn't even want to go in the first place, and it was awkward when I was alone with these chicks I didn't know who were totally ignoring me, which sucked. I actually tried to be in the conversation, but it didn't happen. They left, and then it was awkward because I was by myself. Then I wandered around and listened to people who knew each other talking, and felt very dumb and like a third wheel no matter where I was. Plus, the people getting married are in their forties, so my age group was lacking. The bride's daughters had some friends there, but they were the chicks who ignored me. Apparently they thought they were very cool for being in teacher's college. On a positive note, the food they had there was really good, so I ate that for a long time and it gave me something to do. I was wearing my new sexy dress I bought yesterday so I at least felt good about how I looked, but I was still really bored. The couple was pleased with the gifts and whatnot, and we played some lame games that nobody except the bride's daughter seemed particularly enthusiastic about, and then we left early on the pretense of my uncle visiting us, but we've been home for almost two hours and he's still not here. Oh well.
So, overall, pretty sucky. I felt outcast-ish. Which sucks.
Oh! But I painted my nails, and I didn't realise how very long they are! It's wonderful. I like my nails this long, they look fab.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

You found me by accident? hehe

Callie said...

yes lol i was trying to looka t my sister's blog but i hit next blog instead, and there you were