email me. feel awesome.

31 July 2009

The crows were talking to me today.

It was murderous.
I went under the tree, and a large number of them came swooping in my general direction, which wasn't frightening, as you might expect, but it was sort of cool. They cawed madly at me, screaming at the tops of their lungs all at once, all seeming to be attempting to top one another. I looked up at them and I found that the way they all squirmed around in the branches, making them move, was intriguing. It looked like the tree was going to explode, and all of the explosives were just waiting to burst forth. Anyway, all the crows in the tree were cawing, and crows that were out of the tree rushed toward the tree cawing, and then as soon as I was away from the tree, they stopped cawing simultaneously. I guess it was very threatening for me to be under their tree.
There was, however, one crow who continued to caw, but it sounded ill or injured, like it's caw wasn't quite right. I think maybe they were protecting this crow and thought I was going to try and steal him from the nest like a madman or something, which is absurd. But then, they are crows. Also, this is the exact same spot where I found a crow that couldn't fly and had no tail, and when I went near it all the other crows started freaking out and trying to get rid of me, so it could be that these crows are very loyal to their kin and they had somehow managed to get the hurt crow into a tree and didn't want an invasion.
When I passed under another tree, a crow spoke to me again, but his caw was also weird, like he was a little bit insane/mentally ill, or just a misfit, or maybe he was just very skeptical of the whole crow-saving deal. Maybe it was his insanity/mental illness that made him a skeptic, which in turn made him a misfit. At any rate, he sounded weird, and at the end, like he was laughing, but not at me, sort of just to himself like he was the only one he knew anything around here, the jerks.
I'm probably dwelling far too much on the cawing of some birds in a tree, but it gave me a blog, so there you go.

1 comment:

full_of_puppy_love said...

man you talk about me saying "jack astors" too many times... did you count how many times you used a version of the word "caw" in this post