email me. feel awesome.

04 April 2009

Still FNEHing, not as badly.

Monsters vs. Aliens definitely makes my AWESOME ANIMATED MOVIES list. Not to be confused with Excellent Movies list.
Today I rediscovered the paranoid bus-waiter in me. I allowed myself to sleep in today, in hope that it might be a step in the right direction on my road to healing from this impossible illness, and it proved to lead to quite an interesting adventure.
After my shower and such, I put Clara's leash on and opened the door to take her out, when lo and behold, what should be waiting at my back door but a bloody, dismembered rabbit. I stared at it in shock. It was very gross. All its insides were gone, so I could see its spine and the leftovers and the skin was flipped inside out at the seams and its feet were facing wonky directions and it had no eyes. Clara was staring at it excitedly, obviously the one who had left me this disturbing gift, and I shut the door. I took her out the front.
I felt kind of bad for Clara, because she had worked hard to get that rabbit, and was proud of her handiwork and brought it me for approval (and I somehow missed it when I let her in last night), and here I was shunning it. But really, I mean, am I supposed to tell her she's the greatest for bringing me a huge fluffy carcass? (I say huge because it was the biggest rabbit I'd ever seen.)
ANYWAY
So I was having this incredibly bad hair day, and I was in the mirror trying to fix it for ages, and I heard the bus go by at quarter to ten, and I was like alright, sweet, I'll take the quarter after bus and be there a little late. I got my hair to look semi-good eventually (believe me, it worsened by the end of the day--stupid humidity), and I packed my purse and was all set.
So I was in the bus stop, waiting.
And waiting.
Annnnnd waiting.
Why wasn't the bus coming? I started to get all paranoid again. What if it never comes? What if I already missed it? What if I end up waiting here forever? How long will I have to wait until I decide it's not going to come?
Twenty minutes, it turned out. I was standing there, terrified out of my wits for the stupid bus to come for twenty minutes. I don't know why it didn't come! I thought maybe it was just being late, then I thought maybe there was a roadblock somewhere, but then wouldn't it have found a detour? Not like the roads are particularly busy around here. I kept getting uber-paranoia about the bus, mixed withbeing extremely patient for this kind of thing, and it was bad news.
The stupid bus didn't end up coming for whatever reason, which was really frustrating, so I started to head off and be even later than I had planned for, when I realised I had forgotten my cell phone and Colton was supposed to call me later, so I turned and went to my house and grabbed it.
I speedwalked and was a good 35 minutes late. Lukas came at me running and practically knocked me over with a hug. Steve nearly broke my ribs with his hug. I was missed. Rousell didn't notice the difference. Might as well have been there the whole time.
So, that was my big adventure. I waited for a bus that didn't come. I suppose that justifies my paranoia a little, but being paranoid about the bus is still weird. I was thinking about my blog while I was in the bus stop before my thought became totally obsessed with bus issues.
When I came home, the rabbit was under a garbage bag held down by bricks. I don't know who did that.
Colton didn't end up calling me, I talked to him later on facebook.
Big day.

2 comments:

katelyn said...

the bus only comes once an hour after 9

Callie said...

i figured that out too late. lol.