email me. feel awesome.

06 June 2010

Salt n Pepa!

What is the world coming to? Moreover, what in tarnation (yes, tarnation) is the weather doing? The last few weeks I was on the verge of heatstroke in my nakedest of clothing with nearly record-breaking temperatures for May, like 35 degrees (which, by the way, hardly even happens in the thick of the summer months), and today I'm wearing a sweater and long pants and wishing we hadn't brought out the air conditioner yet. It's madness. I was all yes tan finally! and now I'm all...not like that. Sigh. Despite how much I dislike the naked dressing one must do in summer, I was really excited to get outside more. I want it to just happen already! And then I want it to be fall again because I love fall and it is the season with the best clothes.


I also want my lips to be not chapped. For whatever reason, they just dried up yesterday and no matter how much I lather them in Chapstick or petroleum jelly or even drink water nonstop to hydrate they won't get nice again. I hate dry lips. It is the worst state of lips existent. It makes everything uncomfortable. In the meantime, though, I suppose I shall just continue drinking litres and litres of water and Chapsticking beyond comprehension and eating supposed "moisture-replenishing" foods, like avocado. The oils in it or some other such nonsense.
Just thought you might like that spelling, ghosts. Also, are three staples really needed there?

3 comments:

Another David said...

It was crazy hot down here last week. It's only about a 1.5km bike ride to the metro, but twice I was absolutely drenched in sweat. To be honest, the problem is the humidity more than the heat.

Callie said...

true! humidity kills any pleasure one might garner from nice warm days.

full_of_puppy_love said...

although the humidity softened my dried mangoes that were like a year old and almost inedible. so that was pretty cool.