email me. feel awesome.

14 June 2010

A Connection Site Full of People I Don't Connect With

So I have decided it's time I clean out my facebook friends. Give it a good sweep of the people I'm not really friends with/don't communicate with in any way.

This was decided for two reasons:

1. I know that I don't actually have 328 friends and while some of them are good to have on facebook even if they aren't my friends, most of them aren't, so I might as well look as popular as I am, which, believe me, is not having 328 friends. I don't think it's even possible to have that many friends that are actually your true friends. I know 328 is not nearly as bonkers as some people who have cataclysmic amounts of "friends" but it's bonkers enough for me.

2. I was looking at my profile, which I do now and again, and I looked over at my friends to see a person called "Nile D J Kizza". For real. I clicked on him and he is from London, England and his current status is "Woooo Goooo Southhh Koreaaaa!!! You Can do itt!"

Delete.

While deleting, I also found these gems:

Alev Kudret Başaran from Turkey-This woman is friends with a bunch of young, attractive girls. Sounds like a creepy dude in disguise.

Dan Tempelaar-My sister's high school boyfriend, whose current status is "Your erotic, wet atomic, eyes keep reoccuring in my mind. Do me a favour please and touch your lips to mine." and his profile picture is of him and a girl with pink photoshopped stars all around. Sorry, Dan, but really, do I talk to you?

Edward Cullen

Gabrielle Michelene-Your status is about four lines long and it is of very awful song lyrics.

Dana Kohl-Nelson (Dana Kohl-Nelson)-I didn't remove her, but why is your name in brackets right after your name....?

Chad Maxwell-Political views: Marijuana Party of Canada. Religious views: Rastafarian. Status: "; where all the stoners at?" Definitely my type of guy.

Brittany Hannon-In the thing beneath her profile picture it says "sukka ma dikka". Mhm.

Harleen Mamotra-I don't have any reason other than I don't know her, but I thought I'd mention her cool name.

Landon Kim-Profile picture is of a cat with a mohawk, war paint, piercings and the caption "I'm so gangsta!!"

I also got rid of people I haven't talked to in at least three months, people I don't know, people who don't actually exist (there is a mysteriously large number of these people) and people who I have twice for some reason.

I kept good acquaintances, friends, best friends and family.

I deleted some people I know, but hey, if you didn't miss talking to me all this time you probably won't miss talking to me now.

I realise this post must have been incredibly boring, but I wanted to share my housekeeping with you for reasons even I don't know.

Only 133 friends now.

Ahhhh. Feels good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You had Edward Cullen on Facebook?

Also, I find the whole rastafarian/marijuana party of Canada thing so funny. I mean honestly, do these people actually worship Jah and believe that the Ethiopian Emperor Haile Selassie was the reincarnation of Jesus Christ?

At any rate, I've noticed you've gained 5 friends since then bringing you to a total of 138.

Shame.