email me. feel awesome.

11 June 2010

Noodle Hair

I had an interesting day today.

I have been unusually tired this week, which doesn't really make sense since I haven't been doing anything too out of the ordinary, but I have been simply aching for Saturday to come around so I could sleep in and feel good again. This morning however, I decided I couldn't push myself through one more tired day and after I got up, took a shower and walked the dog I went back to bed and slept until 12:30. It was awesome to say the least. So when I got up I had toast and delicious yogurt and tea for breakfast after walking the dog again, which was also awesome. I then read a magazine for a while and decided it was painting time.

I started painting at around three and took two breaks to walk the dog and eat a quesadilla, and I stopped painting at nine. That makes, including time lost in breaks, about five and a half-ish hours of painting today. Phew. Hard work indeed! At least I had an interesting adventure in the mix.

As I was walking Clara on my first painting break I saw this guy in plaid shorts with a clipboard going from house-to-house and I assumed he was doing some sort of municipal check up or something and went on with my walk indifferently. Only about ten minutes later, who should show up at my door but plaid shorts and clipboard guy. He asked if the homeowner was in and I said nope and asked when a better time would be and I said I don't know, because I really don't, and he said thanks and left. The whole time he was talking he kept glancing up at my hair which was curious. He seemed to find it fascinating.

I went back to painting and then about five minutes later I heard a knock at the door again, so I got up and there is plaid short clipboard guy again! I'm thinking what in the world does he want? I answered the door and he said, "Sorry to bother you, but could I have a glass of water? It's really hot out there." Really. Hm. I invited him into the doorway and gave him some water and it turns out he tries selling people water furnaces or something else random like that and he usually sells about three a day. One time he had a day where he sold six. Big news in the door-to-door water furnace business. As he stood there I won't deny I checked him over, because despite his ridiculous job he was rather good-looking. He had nice grey eyes and black hair. He kept mentioning that he "went to school" and I think he was trying to get me to ask about it/prove this was just a job, not a career, but I really could have cared less and decided not to pursue it. Then he left and I went back to painting. It was really very strange and random that he should come back to me instead of just asking the house he was at, but nonetheless, it made for a blog. Perhaps he just wanted to stare at my hair some more.

I end today with a long, long sigh, filled with satisfaction and exhaustion and contentedness and silliness.

5 comments:

katelyn said...

haha! that guy came to our house too, he also asked for water from us... which is really weird.

Callie said...

that is really weird, since we live so close together. why would he need water so much?

katelyn said...

i donno maybe he was secretly a creeper or something

full_of_puppy_love said...

man i totally overlooked this post and i must admit i havent even read it yet but props for the noodle hair shout out!

full_of_puppy_love said...

ok now i read it. you guys have to be careful. sometimes guys come door to door selling stuff and theyre really casing the house to come and rob it later. this was going on in hamilton last month.