email me. feel awesome.

12 February 2010

She Scores!

Well, the opening ceremonies for the Olympics were held tonight (and perhaps are continuing now?) in this my home and native land, and I was at work! I saw bits and pieces of it and it kind of just looked like a feeble Canada-ised imitation of Beijing's crazy ceremonies. We must face it, we are not the crazy Beijing Olympics. Plus it's winter. Of course, I didn't see them all, so if they improved from what I saw, let me know.
Anyway, it's pretty cool that the Olympics are in my country. I kind of want to say it makes it feel less distant and otherworldly, but it doesn't, really. The Olympics don't feel any closer to home even though they are. Someone from my school is going to be snowboarding. Ah well, that's the way it is I suppose. I like to watch the figure skating, speed skating, ski/snowboard jumping and ski/snowboard races. I like the other stuff too, of course, like the very Canadian sport that is hockey, but even though I enjoy winter as a season much more than summer, I like the summer Olympics more.
In other news, I fell at work today. It wasn't very embarrassing because the only one who saw was Greg and he is very polite and gentlemanly and didn't even mention it to anyone else as I am sure anyone else would have, which was awesome. He asked if I was okay and moved on with his life. Plus I saw him drop something and spill it all over the place later and didn't mention it, so we're even. The only downer was that I kind of hurt my wrist and it made my ongoing headache even worse, which really sucked. I've felt awful all night. Highlight of my night: Vince got my Sunday shift covered! Yes! I was contemplating faking sick if I couldn't get anyone to take my shift, but I didn't really want to be deceitful and I hate calling in. I feel bad because they need me there. Hence, I opted for honesty and just told my managers I needed Sunday off because I wanted to be with with my boyfriend on Valentine's Day. It turns out this was an excellent idea because Vince jumped on it and tried (and succeeded!) to get my shift covered all night. I was so grateful. So that is awesome.
Plus I was working with Jarred tonight and he's the bestest manager of them all. Also awesome.
If only I wasn't feeling so sick.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

i love watching the olympics as well and have to agree that the summer ones are much more enjoyable.

Erin said...

i know what you mean about the olympics! i am getting more into the winter games but i need to learn a lot of the rules for some of them. hope your wrist feels better soon... falling is the worst!

Callie said...

falling really is the worst. there's just no plus side.

Unknown said...

Hey thanks for the photo blog reference! They were spectacular.

callie said...

i know. she is so amazing!