email me. feel awesome.

20 February 2010

And Then I Found Love







I splurged today! I bought really, really expensive mittens, but they were 50% off, so that's how I justified it. I went into the store to buy an Olympics sweater, but the only cool ones were guy sweaters and the small sizes were gone, so I looked around for something else instead. Lo and behold, there were the mittens! All nice and cheap. I tried on several pairs and had a few in mind that when 50% off would be about 30$, and then I found the ones.
I stared at them for about five minutes telling myself not to try them on because I knew they would be too expensive. I couldn't help but reach out and touch them, feel up the detailing and softness of the outer thumb. I hummed inside. The perfect texture. Feeling the inside couldn't hurt, I told myself. One thing led to another and before I knew it I had penetrated the glove with my eager digits. The warmth, the feel, the joy, it was all too much to handle. I quite literally closed my eyes with pleasure. I forced myself to remove my knuckle-deep hand from the depths of this happy place and gazed upon the mitten in awe. My muse. I looked at the sizes on the hook--only smalls. I sighed and thought sadly but reasonably, thank goodness, I couldn't buy them if I wanted to. I stopped touching them, ready to leave with a different pair, but on my last glance of the mitten rack I saw one pair of the mittens in large, just on the wrong hook. I hesitated, then I practically lunged for them.
I thrust my entire hand into the mitten, feeling the ecstasy once more envelop not only my hand but my very being. I've never felt such a way about so futile an object. I could not deny myself these mittens as my own any longer. I saw how it looked on my hand and fell in love all over again. I melted.
It was now time to see the price of such perfection. I lifted the tag to my line of sight and saw that it was 115$. Yowza. But then! Oh, joy of joys, it was 50% off! I hastened off with them, like someone might steal my prize before I could claim it.
I purchased them and felt the magic flow through me as I finally took them in my arms and called them my own, once and for all. I brought them home and they are now waterproofing happily on my desk. I love them. I cherish them. And those expensive mittens are going last me, dammit!

4 comments:

full_of_puppy_love said...

with that price tag, and looking at the pictures, i would venture those mittens are made of leather
^ ^
* *
o

Callie said...

yes. i apologised out loud to you.
"sorry chloƩ. i hope you can forgive me."
in an alley as i ripped off the tags..
seriously.

Anonymous said...

It's not all about u Chloe all the time ..

full_of_puppy_love said...

i never said it was but thanks for the open hostility.