email me. feel awesome.

27 February 2010

The Heat is On in More Ways than One

A wonderful blizzard attacked in the opposite of stealth yesterday! It continues to pummel us with fat snowflakes as I type. Yesterday we got over a foot of really, really cold snow, so powdery and fabulous. Today it's warmer so the snow isn't as ridiculous to walk in (as in you don't feel like your skin is being peeled off from the bitter winds), but it will be much worse to shovel. Ugh. Yesterday I shoveled for about twenty minutes, making it through all of six feet, and I practically broke my wrist (the one I fell on at work), so I woke Courtland up to make him finish and he gave up after about five minutes. Oh, and went back to bed.
The sidewalks weren't plowed at the time when I left for the day, so walking was more than a chore. The snow was at my thighs (no exaggeration) and I was actually getting a workout--I was breathing heavy! It's not even as if I'm out of shape, it was just that deep. Macaroni. I love it.
In other news, Canadian women's curlers make dumb mistakes in the game and lose to the Swedes again. Not that a silver isn't acceptable, because it totally is (plus it's curling so I don't have much of an emotional investment in the...sport?...game?), but really. Even I could tell that was a dumb move. Harper was in the audience of course, because he would be watching the most boring event of all when the Olypmics are in his own country. Naturally, he was unimpressed.
As for men's hockey last night, against the Slovaks! That was intense! Our boys were kind of just killing time at the end while Slovakia kept givin' her, which was disappointing, but it was high-stress and awesome. 3-2 for us and a whole whack of cheering to our all-star goalie, Luongo, who really held the game together at the end. Going for the gold against the US of A next! Sorry, my American followers, but your nation is my competition this time. :) May the best team win.
Now a shoutout to my loverly boyfriend, who has followed my blog for many months and has been with me for longer than that. You are the cherry on top, my darling. I love you!
Finally, I've just decided that I'm going to start thanking followers and non-following but daily reading people of my blog more often. I won't say in every blog, because as we can see I have only eleven followers (feel free to help me change that for the better), so that would be rather a short-lived project. Plus I might not remember or it might not fit into a given blog. At any rate, this blog goes out to my boyfriend, as mentioned. He follows with his Google account. You should do this too, non-bloggers!
And we'll all live happily ever after.

3 comments:

katwelny said...

you have 12 now!!!

Callie said...

i know! i'm pwning.

Callie said...

and again with the spelling.