email me. feel awesome.

24 March 2010

It's Happened

In lieu of my recent 140$ shopping spree I took the other day, I have decided to take a rather drastic vow in order to help myself identify what it is I need to buy and what it is I'm buying because I "have" to buy it, as in I want it really badly right then.

That's not to say I'm a totally uncontrollable shopaholic, because, in fact, I am amazing at saving money when I need to (as in lately, since I haven't spent more than 200$ in the past few months, contrary to the mother's belief). I am also good at not bringing money with me to places I know I'll want to impulse buy. If I want to something right then I may not want it later, so I don't let myself buy it unless I still want it the next day, or the next week, or the week after that.

Nonetheless, there are times when I buy clothes I know I don't need, like I almost did today. I was in the change room of yet another clothing store holding yet another winter clothing sale, and as I looked at myself wearing yet another sweater, as much as I liked it, I couldn't help but ask myself what was wrong with me. Why was I buying mroe clothes? I just bought clothes! I just bought a new sweater that was also on sale, plus shirts, pants, a dress and another sweater. It was excessive. I took off the sweater and left with nothing.

This is when I made in my head the drastic vow: I will not buy clothes for three months.

I know.

I told Katelyn about my vow and she was unbelieving to say the least. I will do it though. I know I can. It seems crazy, given that I have enough clothes to power a house, but despite all the forces working against me (such as my love for both fashion and shopping, some really awesome clothing stores within walking distance of my house and a sort of addictive personality [to the euphoria, that is]) I will make it for three months. I've already had a great start. I stopped myself today and I can do it again!

Please don't be too skeptical, ghosts. Help me be awesome and not buy things I don't need.

The only clothing I'm allowed to buy is a bathing suit, because I don't have one, and shorts because I don't really have those either, but even then, the shorts are a maybe.

Heck yes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sooo u know what they say look after your needs not your greeds.. Right?