email me. feel awesome.

02 May 2009

Catherine


















Katelyn totally looks like a man here.





























I have so many fabulous pictures from this week! I am having a wonderful week. I'm so in the arty zone, it feels amazing. I love being in the zone. Second best feeling in the world. First is performing.
Anyway, so I'm majorly in the zone today, and yesterday too, and this sexy chick I'm painting is looking uber awesome, but my zone is having a block! Artist's block, you might say. I can't figure out what to do with her. Should I make the background like, a bustling street? Or a country setting? Or just do colour? And I also don't know what colour(s) her shirt should be. I have a few ideas and things, but I realllly don't want to screw it up. So tell me what you think I should do, because I am seriously having issues with this. It's so frustrating. I was just sitting there staring at it for like 15 minutes before I decided I was having a block.
So besides the block, I'm doing really awesome. She looks pretty good, I'd say, and I'm also doing a flamenco dancer, but I can't decide if I want it to be paint or pencil, but I don't need to face that just yet.
I just feel so good! I'm in a fab mood. And I finally put new songs on my iPod after having waited for like, two months, so it feels good to be listening to it. And for once the shuffle is doing a super good job of shuffling, so it's perfectly mixed. It also seems to be playing all of my painting music at once, which was really tremendous since I was painting obviously, but my painting music is either really mellow and quiet (Neil Young, Moldy Peaches) or sexx dance remixes/techno/all that terrible crap that's bad for my musical soul, so it's kind of making me feel bipolar or something. Ha ha! I could just smile all day today. Except that I have to go to Katelyn's and build that stupid project. Arg. But once we're done that, I shall be the smiley one of smiles.
Plus my adventurous dreams were STUPENDOUS last night. They were absolutely insane. The best kind.

Oh yeah (or should I say PS), we went out for pizza after the movie yesterday, which was very unhealthy of us, and it was so hot it blistered my mouth. It was awesome. If you don't get a blister, you didn't enjoy the pizza.

PPS There's a picture up here where I am very dude-like and I know it, which is why I put it up, but I don't know which one it is because blogger is being psycho and only showing me the html of everything, including this font.

PPPS I love you ghosts! Arrrrr!

PPPPS Sorry there's kind of a ridiculous amount of pictures. Overload. It happens when you procrastinate.

PPPPPS Sorry for so many PS's

2 comments:

full_of_puppy_love said...

callie, the painting is lovely, but the text has given you away in that you have proven that you are not primarily a painter. most people do the background BEFORE the foreground. ;)

Callie said...

no, you only do the background before the foreground if the background is lighter. it can go either way. i'm using good colour theory by doing her skin and hair first. plus, if you'll read the text, you will also realise i don't know what the background is yet, as this picture was initially just going to be an unfinished, forgotten sketch among so many others.