email me. feel awesome.

15 January 2009

Stayin Alive

Ooooooog I haven't been blogging very much lately. I just haven't felt inspired to rant, because I've been so busy, and I keep forgetting to bring my camera around, so I don''t even have pictures. But in some rather insignificant news, I got frostbite on my left ear the other night and it reallllly hurts. So, to avoid that happening again, I took a cab to dance today, and the cab driver was a big ol' ex-trucker who had a high and frequent giggle who had some tales to tell about getting frostbitten whilst trucking. He was amusing. I also took this hilarious video of Courtland singing Stayin' Alive in a ridiculous voice while he made hot chocolate and sprayed whipped cream all over the place. I was going to say something else...hm. I can't think of it. But I probably oh! I just thought of it hahaha.
The past few nights I have been sleeping on the far side of my bed, right next to the wall, so the heat from the heater hits me directly instead of waiting for it to waft over my mattress, and I started thinking about how I usually sleep in the middle of my bed, because humans are kind of centre-of-vicinity creatures, you know? Like, we sleep in the middle of the bed, we stand in the middle of the room, we walk in the middle of the sidewalk unless someone else is there. I started thinking about all the corner-dwelling creatures, like spiders and beetles and scorpions and how what if they came up out from behind my bed and started crawling all over me because I was in the corner of the bed where they hang out? What if they got mad that I was invading their corner-space and they sprang forth and wiggled into my clothes and such, and all these images of orange scorpions creeping all over my body started popping up. Then I started to feel like a corner-dweller, all shoved up against my wall with a whole twin bed left open for the cats to sleep on, which they did, and it was cozy but kind of creepy. Then I started thinking about how I was as far away from my bedroom door as I could possibly be, as though if a thief or kidnapper or something decided to come in, my being far from the door would offer me more protection, or more time to think up a risky yet astoundingly successful escapade. I felt like someone was poking their finger into a scorpion's little den and it had stuck its stinger up but got squashed anyway. It was a very unusual thing to be thinking of myself as a tiny hole-dwelling type thing, and it continues to be. Bit it's so warm right above the heater like that., Isn't it strange, how animals are drawn to heat, to light? I was thinking about that the other day too. Haha. Weird thoughts. I'm probably the only person to have such weird thoughts.
I don't know why I was thinking scorpions. I've never even seen a scorpion in real life.
I end today with a period that is overflowing with contentedness and bemusement.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh wow... i don't even know what to say to that whole "fear".

Virginia said...

That was just CRAZY WERID. How do you come up with these things Callie. Oh and i really dont think spiders and other creatures have thoughts like that it just doesnt work that. And i hope you dont get kidnapped or anything that would just suck

Callie said...

sometimes my mind just fills up with wild things. you know the book "where the wild things are"? yeah. that's my brain. what a fabulous book. what a fabulous brain.