email me. feel awesome.

05 July 2010

Wet Air

You know how you walk past a car that was recently on and the air is uncomfortably warm?


The whole WORLD feels like that today.

It's truly horrid outside. The air is so thick I can bite it. It feels like I'm breathing clouds. I had my first shift at my new job today (nice people, nice change) and thank goodness it's air conditioned, but my journey home at 4pm was gruesome. I was wearing work clothes, naturally, and since I work in food, naturally I was wearing long pants and close-toed, ugly, non-slip kitchen shoes. Well, let me say, walking even the short distance home was a humongous effort and I was sweating an absolutely disgusting amount. My legs felt so heavy and my hair felt like a fur coat, which is saying something because it's short and was up. My glasses kept sliding down my perspiring nose and my bag seemed to be gaining weight with every exhausting step. In any other circumstance this walk home would have been fine, perhaps even enjoyable, but it was so effing humid I couldn't think about anything except taking my clothes off and drinking a very, very, very large glass of water in my nice, air conditioned living room. Oh, and going pee, because I had to do that too. I became extremely dehydrated on that short stroll home, yet even though I was only out of doors for about fifteen minutes I felt as though my walk was endless. The moisture in the air must have been all the hydration in me that was sucked out. It was probably 38 degrees out there with the humidity factored in.

When I got home I was deeply, deeply relieved. I shut teh door behind me and flung my shoes and bag to the ground, then proceeded to strip down before I even got into my room. The Walking Strip. I put on a dress to allow for air circulation, went pee, drank two glasses of water, walked the dog and then passed out on the couch for two and a half hours. Woo napping! I have troubles napping, for those ghosts who don't know, so napping is a woo. I awoke feeling groggy but eventually thoroughly refreshed and it was awesome.

Ate vegetables, drank Bailey's, ate pasta, drank water.

Work again tomorrow. Hopefully thinner air.

Good night, ghosts. Haunt respectfully.

3 comments:

full_of_puppy_love said...

mmmmmm baileys. i used to drink buckets of baileys. well, o'darbys, but its the same thing. its funny you should mention that because i was going to buy you some baileys when you come to visit. hahahahah more mind melding.

Joe said...

See it's stuff like that that can only reinforce my decision to never leave my house. Except to go walking with you of course.

Callie said...

chloƩ: i asked pita pit if i could have the alst week of july off but then it got busy and i forgot to ask again.

joe: not leaving your house was a good idea that day. it was horrifying out.