email me. feel awesome.

15 May 2010

Clipper

Grocery store flower purchase

So many effing tomatoes! So effing cheap!

Flowers in the compost





I have a curious memory.

I don't want to say that I have a really great memory, because for things in the short-term such as remembering where I put my glasses or to put the garbage out or a blog I wanted to write I tend to have a rather terrible memory. You might even say I'm forgetful. However, when it comes to remembering things like dreams or random childhood moments or stubbing my toe on a rock int he dark so hard it bled rather a lot, I am more than able. Perhaps it is an indication of what I value, or perhaps I am just on the wagon, that is, the wagon of crazy.

For example, I can vividly remember certain dreams, such as the one where I am the only person who knows that the world has been taken over and during the day we are vegetables doing evil factory work and by night we return to our normal lives, thinking we had a regular day. Then they know I know and make me choose between killing myself or killing my loved ones, and then I am in a grocery store and I have to choose between saving parents or children and the evil people just end up putting me through all this ethically disturbing crap. I remember not only the gist of the dream, but little things, like that our supervisor in the factory was wearing a red and white and pink floral shirt and that I was sitting next to a Korean man with eighties glasses.

Then I physically see my water bottle in the freezer this morning and I still forget to bring it to rehearsal because I close the freezer to grab something else first.

The challenges of my life.

Oh, and this is "Ghosts and Stuff" by Deadmau5. It's awesome. Sorry the thing is too big, I didn't check the sizing.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel that i am the same now i dont remember my dreams... actually rarely do i ever remember what my dreams are but i definitely have a freak memory and feel that i am crazy sometimes when i had been drinking out of a water bottle that i wanted to take with me to work but then leave it on the coffee table. honestly i dont know how i survive sometimes lol. Great post & that dream sounds rather exciting yet terrifying. :)

Another David said...

Nice pics! I'm always a fan of pictures of everyday things, like a huge pile of tomatoes

Callie said...

@Kimberly-i wonder how i survive too. sometimes i feel like my brain just isn't connected to my body like other people's are.

@David-me too! i have so many pictures i want to post of stuff like that but i just don't want to do it all at once.