email me. feel awesome.

27 May 2010

Big News in the Andromeda Galaxy

Oh my GOSH ghosts! You won't believe it. I had my first real live nap today! For realsies! I can never nap. I am just unable to force myself back asleep unless it's night time. Not today, though! It was fabulous. I'm really excited about it!

I was sitting on my porch with Clara reading Fitness magazine and getting some fresh air and sunshine and all-around loveliness. I decided to take a pillow from one of the wicker chairs to rest my head so I could lay down and sun my legs. It was astonishingly comfortable. As I read on, what I can remember is my magazine gradually coming toward my face as I relaxed in the heat and then I guess I fell asleep! It was awesome. I was so warm and comfortable and, well, exhausted that this nap brought me extreme pleasure. Not only that, but I love sleeping, so it was like extra sleep time which is also awesome, and the novelty of my first nap made it sort of exhilarating in an unconscious sort of way. I dreamt about the musical, of course. Last night I dreamt about people in the musical. It has taken over my life on every level of consciousness.

Anyway, when I woke up, Clara was still on the porch panting away in the shade and the sun had moved behind the house so that only half of me was in the light. My left hand had hung over the porch step and was tingling with excess blood. I looked at my legs and I have a crazy tan line from my dress. It's pretty crazy. When I finally went in the house I went to the washroom and when I looked in the mirror the ink from my magazine had melted onto my face! I had backwards writing all over me. I looked so silly I actually laughed out loud. So I'd say my first nap was a huge success. Maybe I'll try it again sometime! For now I am inhaling the fumes of/drinking Grand Marnier to soothe my poor sick throat. It really helps. Wish me luck on my performance tonight!

2 comments:

Another David said...

I have never known anyone incapable of napping. It doesn't make sense to me. I can fall asleep just about anywhere, anytime. If I have 20 minutes during which I can comfortably rest my head on something, I can nap.

Callie said...

i can't. you're a lucky man.