email me. feel awesome.

20 May 2010

Celebrating Callie Year-Round!

So I was just doing the usual time-waste here in the blogsosphere when I hit "Next Blog" and came across this loveliness: Celebrating Christmas Year-Round. Uh...seriously? Like, seriously? I am positively blown away. In case you'd rather not make your retinas explode at the distasteful setup of that blog, I will describe it as a Christmas Blogger theme gone horribly, horribly and seemingly permanently wrong. Red and white stripes, doily-esque accents, Holly--the whole nine yards. I even ventured to read a post which was utterly painful: every few WORDS there were CAPITALS to ACCENTUATE her POINTS, which were RATHER UNINTERESTING. Also, they had nothing to do with Christmas, which leads me to believe that this woman actually enjoys her abuse of a strictly seasonal theme and the torture that it is for everyone else.

I'm not saying my posts are any more interesting, but I only use capitals if I'm yelling. This is why we have italics. Oh, wait, her entire post is in italics, so she can't use those either. That also bothers me--the overuse or entire use of italics. It looks like the words are trying to escape my reading them, or in this case, perhaps they are trying to excape the nauseating prison they were born into. I don't want to feel rushed, I want to enjoy the writing. At the very least, it looks silly.

I don't want to seem mean or rude, but really, go look at that blog and tell me you don't want it removed from the public eye and your unfortunately photographic memory for all time. It makes the rest of us look bad.

But wow. Christmas? All year? I didn't know people liked it that much. Plus, wouldn't celebrating it all the time take away from the fun of when it actually happens? Sometimes I am so confused by other people I wonder how I even interact with them.


2 comments:

full_of_puppy_love said...

bahahaha i actually laughed out loud at this post, which happens rarely.

Callie said...

awesome!