email me. feel awesome.

30 April 2010

Jason Collett~

Isn't it bizarre how the increase of volume when listening to music brings greater enjoyment? Whenever I listen to music the volume is all over the place. For songs I don't want to hear I make it background noise, for songs I feel like listening to I turn it up loud enough to bob my head to and for songs that make me crazy I blast it so I can sing really loud with it. It's so strange! Humans are a confusing species. It isn't as if the music is different, it's just louder. But somehow, some way, our brains register a pleasure boost. Crazy.

I was looking at Eunju's book that she's reading today and it is in Korean. It's fascinating. Not so much that it's in Korean, because that is really not very exciting, particularly when it is in the hands of a Korean person. It was interesting that I couldn't read it. I have always found reading to be one of the most intriguing abilities of humans. We have made a series of symbols so powerful that when grouped properly they can make us feel and think and change and argue. Then you see another series of symbols you aren't familiar with and while those symbols have the same significane to one person that other symbols have to you, you can do nothing but perceive the lines and strokes as exactly that. Reading jsut blows my mind. I think that's why I enjoy it, and intensely. I'd have to say the most emotionally intense book I've ever read was Phantom, by whom I can't recall (and I'm too lazy to check!), which was about the life of the man who became the Phantom of the Opera. It was really unique and powerful and painful. It actually made me cry, like, sadness crying, out loud. I'm glad I didn't read that part in public.

I'm not reading anything these days, which is a stinker. I want to get another grahpic novel from the library but in order to do that I have to go to the library and for the next month I probably won't have time to read anything anyway. That is due to the musical.

I don't think I mentioned my crazy musical schedule for May on here. It consists of rehearsing almost every day for long hours. I took a leave of absence from work because of it. The only days we don't rehearse are a few days before the shows so we can rest our voices and get pumped to perform and the performances themselves. Don't expect a whole lot of blogging, by the way. Sorry. I'll do my best.

~Love is a Dirty Word. Listen to it.

2 comments:

full_of_puppy_love said...

i cant believe you said "thats a stinker" what are you bugs bunny?
i am wiffling about graphic novels lately. i love them so but most of them are really depressing. its a strange feeling. if you can get your hands on Y the last man, you wont be sorry. there are ten or twelve books in the series. awesome awesomeness.

Anonymous said...

This blog is passed out from dehydration. It could use some water. ASAP