email me. feel awesome.

29 January 2010

Isn't it Glorious?

^ Written by the lovely Alex Mugford^

As January comes to a close, winter re-enters and makes Callie very happy.
It was majorly sucking before. All the snow had melted, you could go out in sweaters and the stupid Sun just kept blossoming from behind the clouds to take all the precious cold and whiteness from us. But no longer must we suffer through premature spring weather! A blizzard brought our rightful January climate back in a hurry and it continues to sprinkle us with beautiful flakes of snow. Heavenly.
The only downside about that being that it's really cold even inside, but I can lick it. I walked to the library with Mugs last night through -28 degrees and crazy wind just to return my stupid books, which were so overdue it cost me 21.50$. Sheesh. Anyway, the point is that I have been colder.
As you may have noticed in my facebook status, I went for a pedicure and a facial yesterday. It was AWESOME. My feet feel so good and my blemishes are practically gone. I'm going for another facial soon to finish up with my awful skin. I hate having combination skin. Do I use moisturiser or oil removing wipes? It sucks. Anyway, in the pedicure she put my feet in this purple hot wax stuff that moulded to my feet and felt so, so good. And I got my toes painted, of course. It was wonderful. I felt like a princess. I decided that if I ever have a daughter I'm going to send her for a pedicure and manicure for one of her birthdays and let her wear a tiara so she feels extra princessy.
Plus the lady who was doing it was so sweet! She was adorable. Kind of spacey. I liked her.
However, at one point during the facial I started feeling claustrophobic because she put this really warm, moist washcloth over my face (which felt awesome), which was fine in itself, but then she put the really bright light for looking at my skin right over my face and she had the steamer blowing steam at my nose and I was under about four blankets and her hands were covering my face too, so it was freaky. I dealt with it though. When the cloth started to cover my nose and mouth completely though I just reached up and said I couldn't breathe. Too scary.
Anyway, my skin felt and looked great. My nose was kind of swollen, but I felt great anyway. The foot wax makes me want a manicure so they can wax my hands too.
PS This lovely treatment was complements of my mother, who works in that spa. So thank you.

5 comments:

full_of_puppy_love said...

what if your daughter is really butch?

Callie said...

well, i would onyl do it if she wanted it. maybe io'll let my femme-son go with a crown instead.

katelyn said...

i just went to the library too!! and had some overdue fines as well. weird. anyways we need to go for our tan soon and hang out.

full_of_puppy_love said...

oh and by the way just so you young ladies know, the collingwood library is psychotic. you just dont realise that until after you leave and its too late. every other library on the planet only charges fines to a maximum amount per item. so for example, here in hamilton, it is a maximum of five dollars per item, so the only way you could have twenty dollars in fines is if you had four books overdue and were charged the maximum fine.

Callie said...

i know