email me. feel awesome.

21 January 2010

Coconut Thingies

Did you ever notice that shortly after a car is turned off it still makes little noises under the hood, like it's settling or something? Perhaps it's pining for it's owner to return and is making the car equivalent of sad whimpers and mournful sighs. Or maybe it's grumbling and cursing the driver for making him sit out there in the coldness of the elements instead of in a nice dry garage! It's mystifying.
I realised I have this habit of checking to make sure that my alarm clock is on, set at the right time and in the right position for hitting snooze. It's a travel-size Big Ben clock, so it folds up and if it isn't unfolded exactly right I can't just reach over to turn it off, I have to struggle through the infuriating beeping until I can get it set right for turning off. It's not really that big of a deal to do, but it's an inconvenience I would rather avoid, and I do, with my checking and re-checking and re-checking.
My mom has this need to always turn the heating dials in the car to exactly the right position, and she will move her wrist and apply pressure as if she's turning them even if they're already turned. She likes the heat to be on its hottest, highest and on defrost. Sometimes my feet get cold so I turn it to defrost/feet, but it usually gets changed back anyway. I don't mind, I just think it's funny because whenever I start the car I change the dials to how she likes for this specific reason, but she does it regardless. It's interesting.
Katelyn and I are going to start going to the Y together since we'll have more time this semester. I've been feeling so very lazy, but I keep telling myself it's ok because we'll be going to the Y soon. However, this argument is starting to wear thin as I feel my arms get weaker by the day and while I can't feel it I can guarantee my cardio is virtually zippo. So, ghosts, I am indeed looking forward to the euphoria that is working out which will be coming upon me quite quickly!
PS Mugs and I made Pilsbury cookies. Mm. Fun times. See it in the album "Girl, Relax" on Facebook.
Yes.
Oh yeah, and I end today with a superbly happy period, even though I know that sounds like the Kotex commercial.

No comments: