email me. feel awesome.

04 December 2009

So it Is

What is with moving Christmas decorations? They really freak me out. Not only are they extremely tacky and UGLY but they're creepy too, and that is never a good thing for Christmas. They move on their own! It's terrifying! Usually it's semi-normal, like a snowman lifting his hat or a reindeer moving his head, but I saw this one and it was a penguin riding a polar bear, and it rocked back and forth really, really, really slowly. And it was looking at me the whole time. Awful, awful stuff. Plus they are those decorations made out of material that are lit up, more often than not poorly, from within. They take up the whole yard practically. Freaks.
Another sight seen in my journeys was a man delivering newspapers from his van on a busy, 80km/h road. Almost a highway, possibly a highway, but fast and relatively busy nonetheless. He was just putting his flashers on and throwing the papers out the window, across the passenger seat. It was ridiculous and excessively lazy.
I've also come to realise I feel obligated to fill the gap in front of me if I'm going down the stairs at the far end of the school, near the tech hall. It is always really slow at the top of the stairs, but on the second half it runs really fast, so I feel like if I don't go fast enough to fill the gap between myself and the guy in front of me I'll be holding up the whole line and throwing off the flow. It's kind of nerve-racking.
Oh and did I ever mention my bus issues these days? I don't really take the bus, but when I do, I'm a little better about not having a totally irrational and outrageous panic attack about it's coming, but I still kind of freak out if it's been a really long time.

No comments: