email me. feel awesome.

22 December 2009

More Misadventures

With Callie and Katelyn! Attached at the hip. Kind of.
I woke up at 845 and baked some brownies. The plan was that Katelyn would be up around 11 and we'd hang out at 12 or so, but she got up at 12, so we didn't end up hanging out until around 2-ish, as can be expected with the Katelyn.
We were at her house and for the first hour or so we ate and talked and ate. We made some delicious cheesy things that set off the smoke alarm twice, and we exchanged gifts. She got me some pajamas which I'm wearing, and I gave her a picture of us with some collage-y hints, four brownies, plus a wonderful card written, of course, by yours truly. It was good.
We then headed over to Burma's to give her her Christmas gift from me, but she wasn't there so we just left the gift there and moved onward.
We continued to the Feminine Touch because I wanted a bra and matching undies, but they didn't have what I wanted so we left. Then it was Starbucks, to buy some gift cards, and we also ended up getting some delicicous hot drinks and a cookie we didn't finish (we took it to the movies but I forgot about it--it is now in my purse).
We stopped at McDonald's to pee.
Then we got to the theatre and bought our tickets to see Avatar over an hour in advance because it's cheap night (we're cheap) and it gets busy fast (but efficient!).
Then it was La Senza, where I did find the bra and undies I sought, plus some more. I also renewed my membership and got a stamp on my Bra Club card. 76$ spent there.
We finally go to the movies to actually watch the movie, and Katelyn got the popcorn with her many Scene Points Card points. Wonderful.
Except for how it wasn't, because like half an hour into the movie Katelyn started to feel gross from a motion sickness-type deal and left to find health "for a while". I say that in quotations because she left for the rest of the movie. The popcorn ended up being barely touched, as well as the pop. When she first left and didn't come back for a while, I thought maybe she was sick enough to be puking or something, and despite the fact that this thought came into my head, I didn't go check on her. I just kept waiting and waiting until I realised she wasn't coming back and hoped for the best. I figured she just went to go see another movie or something. I watched the whole thing by myself, which wasn't so bad actually. The plot was kind of the predictable romance, but the graphics were so INTENSE it was just unbelieveable. It was so real, I just, augh. I can't even explain it. Simply outstanding. I guess you could say I was watching it for the technology more than the movie, but, you know, a storyline is always a nice perk.
So after the movie (oh yes, and I was holding in my pee the whole time because I didn't want to leave our stuff by itself) I gathered Katelyn's stuff and went out to find her, and she was standing by herself with this smirk on her face like yeah, I just ditched that movie because I can't handle the AWESOME. By that I mean, she was thinking how ridiculous it all really was.
I gave her her stuff, but it turns out I forgot her scarf, so while she fetched it I went pee; the line moved surprisingly quick.
So while I was in the theatre actually enjoying what I payed for, it turns out that Katelyn hadn't been in another movie. She was sitting in the lobby people watching for two hours straight. The ticket ripper guy in a wheelchair was apparently "creeping" her, with stares and such, but I think she just doesn't know when a guy wants her. He talked to her. Poor guy. Picked the wrong chick for small talk. Afterwards we stopped at McDonald's to pee again and then came home, and here we are, me typing and Katelyn watching me type. The strangest thing about it all is that we both thoroughly enjoyed ourselves somehow.
Yep.

3 comments:

katelyn said...

lol that was defiantly a fantastic time. it was such a fail... but at the same time such a success!

full_of_puppy_love said...

why do you feel the need to tell us about every pee break?

Callie said...

it's crucial.