email me. feel awesome.

07 December 2009

Eustress

Isn't it blissful?
I find that when I look at other people's profiles on any site, although it is facebook in particular due to the explicit nature of the profiles, I go look at mine just as thoroughly and scrutinize every tidbit of information in my info, quotes, favourite books, etc. I think, how does my profile look to them? Who are these them people anyway? Do people even look at my profile? If they do, what do they do? Do they laugh with me or at me? Do they laugh at all? Do they feel pity or intrigue or fondness or hatred, or do they simply pass over my profile as an unintentional link to another, more interesting profile, and forget about mine just as quickly as they came upon it? Do my friends look at it less than strangers? Do people even know I exist?
Not that it matters, really, I'm just curious. It's just that I added two new friends on facebook and I molested their profiles, and now I do the same to mine. I have a system for looking through profile pictures. I start with the oldest ones and work to the new ones to see how they have developed and their tastes have changed over time, which is particularly effective if they have over thirty pictures. I tend to delete mine as I go so that they can't see my awful, awful taste in profile pictures from long ago. I'd rather not share that with the world.
Anyway, I came on here to blog about something in specific, but I really don't remember since I added two friends on facebook and have been glued to the screen ever since.

No comments: