email me. feel awesome.

08 December 2009

cheesburger *no meat




Well, Katelyn and I had quite the misadventures tonight.
Promptly after school, we began our journey to downtown, which was all good and fun. Katelyn was returning a rather unattractive birthday gift to a store which actually had a lot of other really cool jewelery, so the giver obviously took the time to pinpoint the very ugliest item in the store and give it to someone who has no resemblance in taste to that kind of thing. I also found out I have over one hundred dollars more than I thought I did in the bank and bought one Christmas gift.
We then ate at the kind of new Chinese restaurant 98 Super Panda, and it was really, really great. We both had crisp tofu appetizer with sweet and sour sauce, which kind of looked like body parts covered in blood in the darkness of the movies (we ate the leftovers at the movies), but tasted delicious nonetheless. I actually liked the tofu a lot more than my meal, and my ice tea tasted very much like ice tea should, which is glorious. I tipped her twelve percent, which I know is weird, but I was having commitment issues between ten or fifteen. I should have gone for fifteen. Then again, she wasn't much of a waitress.
After that we walked along to the movies to see Brothers, and we bought Yogen Fruz smoothies with pineapple and banana and peach and pineapple juice. Mmm. Better with mangoes, but mmm. Anyway, it turns out watching this movie was quite an ordeal. We sat in our seats like normal and since there appeared to be nobody sitting next to me I put my purse, coat, scarf and Katelyn's coat on the chair. Then on the pre-show reel they told us not to be "Tommy Texters" because when you text it disrupts everyone else, and Katelyn and I agreed, as well as contemplating the use of Tommy instead of Timmy or Tarrence. We concluded Tarrence is a great name.
So, we were sitting there waiting for the movie, when a boy from the group of preteens down the row from us came up and said excuse me to get by our legs, which was fine, but he did this little hand-waving thing to gesture our movement. We moved our legs, but it was like, did he just give us the hand sweep? Sheesh, we'll move, master. And then he eventually came back in and we moved again. And then someone else left, and came back. And then someone else, and then someone else, all from the evil preteen bundle. It was getting rather annoying.
Then someone else decided to come in, late, no less, when the lights had already gone down, and he came in to sit with the evil preteens. He was looking around saying, where is my seat? and then he said, ah, screw it, and grabbewd my stuff and started putting it on the ground. The gross theatre ground! Plus he just grabbed my stuff. I was like excuse me? That's my stuff. And all his friends were like, no, no! That's their stuff. And he's like oh, I'm so sorry, and was super apologetic and everything, but I didn't care. Someone behind me started laughing at him and someone else said way to come into a movie late. So he was like, well, is there any way you could move your things to the floor? And I said no, at first, because I was already kind of mad at him and his dense, blatant stupidity, but then after he tried sitting in the same chair as some chick and swore out loud I just put all my crap on my lap and lived with it. And the chick behnd me laughed again.
Then throughout the majority of the movie the evil preteens were talking and being obnoxious because they were so "cool", and they kept LEAVING and making us move all the time. Then this one chick was walking to her seat (I hadn't realised she left) and somebody whistled at her. Somebody else was going back to his seat and he tripped up the stairs and the whole theatre heard it and laughed at him. Then somebody outside banged on the exit door really loud and it freaked me out. Then the person sitting behind me kicked my seat a bunch of times. PLUS the kid who moved my stuff was a Tommy/Timmy/Tarrence Texter, and one of his friends even told him so, but he didn't know what she meant because oh, he was late and missed the pre-show. I just wanted to shout at him to shut up and turn off his phone.
After that though it was quite fun. We visited Alexandria, and the movie itself was really great! Twisted, freaky, but great. We had a successful, hilarious night, because despite how annoying it all was, it was, in short, hilarious.

5 comments:

Mugs said...

next time you should show those "cool" preteens who's boss and toss your authority at their face! lol. I really enjoyed this blog Callie! It seems as if your blog leaf has been carried with the wind and eventually landed on its proper side when it deserves to be :).

Mugs said...

where it deserves to be* lol

full_of_puppy_love said...

woah speaking of the movie brothers. dave and i were watching donnie darko and he had never seen it and i was like hey i just realised that maggie gyllenhall and jake gyllenhall are both in this. are they brother and sister? and dave was like, yes chloƩ. and i was like, i had no idea. and they play siblings in donnie darko. so cool. anyway, i thought this was hilarious and very cool but dave just thought it was idiotic.

full_of_puppy_love said...

not them being in a movie together. me not realising they are siblings.

full_of_puppy_love said...

oh also i noticed the title of this post... did you try a big mac no meat? its delicieux