email me. feel awesome.

11 October 2009

Oh Baby.














I went for a stroll with the canine today, as evidenced by the photos. It was much colder than I had anticipated, and I am still suffering because of it. I can't raise the core temperature of my hands. They are icy. I went all for comfort today, though--instead of the jeans I usually opt for, I wore sweats, a t shirt, sweatshirt, and even Crocs. I could care less how I look right now. It's a wonderful feeling.
Anyway, on this beautiful cold day, I brought my camera, also evidenced by the photos. It feels good to see all the photo ops and actually take advantage of them once more. There were two I ignored because my hands were too cold, but it's alright. I had a good time. It was nice and windy by the water, which is where I went.
I've decided again that I love going to the water with Clara when it's cold. Remember my painting in the snow idea? And how wild that would be and everything else? Yes. Like that. It's inspiring. I love the darkness and I love the clouds and how you're not supposed to be at the beach when the temperature is negative. It's wonderful indeed. I feel so good when I'm there, isolated with just my body and my thoughts and my dog and the beauty. I think wild thoughts. Some worth sharing, some secretive, some so fleeting I don't even remember them, but I know they must have happened. I just love it. It's like my special place where I get to find myself and be myself and not have to dwell on anything but the cold, cold darkness of the naked, deserted beach. It's solitary and deep. And I like it.

3 comments:

full_of_puppy_love said...

i used to go to the water all the time when i was your age, particularly when i was pissed at dad which was most of the time. did you see my comment on an earlier post about a photo contest???

Callie said...

yes i did. i commented back, didn't i? do you think my photos are good?

full_of_puppy_love said...

at the time of my writing the above comment, you had not commented back. and of course i think your photos are good.