email me. feel awesome.

22 August 2009

Love Game

I did not get a particularly restful sleep last night, which is unusual, but more importantly, it is unfortunate. This is due to the fact that I usually have better hair days when I sleep well, such as yesterday's ÜBER hair day, and I'm going to a wedding today, so having crappy hair will kind of suck, because obviously one wants to look nice for a wedding. This wedding is going to be on a boat, actually, and at night, so it will be a nice change in the usual wedding scenery.

But what is the deal with me always having rad hair days when I'm going to work, where it is strangled into a ponytail and many clips, and then barely forced under a very unattractive visor? Yesterday was quite possibly the greatest hair day I have had all August, but no one was around to see it, because after I discovered the great hair, it was gone at work for seven hours. Plus, even after work, it is not salvageable, particularly after seven hours, and I always have extreme visor head and frizz patrol.

In slightly, actually really a lot, better news, yesterday marked four months of dating my dear Muggins, and I wouldn't have even realised this if he had not pointed it out. You see, we started "dating" on "20 April". (This all in quotations because we never actually started with a date, and have only ever had one date officially, and many unofficial dates, so I guess we started as "in a relationship" but only kind of. Plus, we are not actually sure of when we started, because we sort of just came to a gradual understanding after I broke up with Lukas. The 20 April is just a ballpark.) It was the 19 when he pointed out that the next day was four months, and I was very surprised at this because all day I had been thinking it was the 18. Anyway, since I now knew, and he had been the one to point it out, I decided it was high time I got in gear and made the CD I'd been compiling songs for for longer than a month. This CD was a secret little gift for Mugs I had been planning, and I'd kept wanting to tell him about it, but I'm glad I didn't.
So, I managed to download all the songs on my list and then some, and I got them into iTunes and made him a playlist. The list ended up being 2 and a half hours, which is obviously too long for just one CD, so I had to make him two! I was excited. I burned them and then started to collage on of the cases with fabulous pieces of magazines and stickers, because I love collaging and that is usually how I like to give gifts. Then he called me, which is a big deal, because he is very uncomfortable on the phone, and we talked for over five seconds (like ten minutes!), and I thoroughly enjoyed that, to say the least. I love talking on the phone. It allows you to really focus on the words the person is saying and the sound of their voice without distraction. Anyway, he told me to go over in an hour so he could shower or whatever, and I did, and I gave him the CDs and he loved them, also to say the least. We listened to the whole two-point-five hours and it was awesome. I feel really good about having got that done. I'm not really one to hand out gifts on "anniversaries", because I don't consider it gift-worthy unless it's actually a year. "Just because" gifts are fine, but I hate those first kiss, first bouquet of flowers, first simultaneous sneeze type disasters those nauseating couples like to call "anniversaries". Which is why he was kind of surprised I gave him a gift on the fourth month marker, but I wouldn't have given it to him that day if he hadn't pointed it out. I just figured hey, I've been attempting to make this CD for ages, I might as well do it now that there is sort of a reason.

More good news: mother dearest decided to make me a most excellent and fabulous breakfast today! It consisted of a poached egg, two slices of REALLY AWESOME RYE TOAST and three pieces of veggie bacon! And orange juice. I felt like an ad. It was quite scrumptious.

Even more news, though not necessarily good: On the porch today I discovered a liver and some intestines of an unnamed creature one of the cats killed. There was no further evidence of something ever having lived, like feathers or fur or feet or something, just the organs. It was really gross. The liver was green. My mom made me take a picture of it because it is "hilarious". She is twisted.

2 comments:

full_of_puppy_love said...

if it was green, it was probably the gall bladder, not the liver.

Callie said...

whatever, mom called it the liver.