email me. feel awesome.

17 August 2009

Family = Fabulous


Well, the family thing was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. In fact, it was rather fun. I feel kind of bad for being so pessimistic about my relatives.
The say started out fabulously for me, with my internal clock waking me at 830 and my shower going awesome. I was having a mediocre hair day, which sucked because the day before I was having an outstanding hair day but I was only going to work, but it was alright. I found my sunglasses finally! I was so excited to finally have them back.
We drove there, obviously, and in the car was me, mom, dad, Court, Jena and Clara. If you do not know, that makes for a very crowded 5-person car indeed. Jena sat in the middle seat in the back because she is the shortest, and Clara sat on both of us. It was very uncomfortable and drooly and hairy.
When we got there, we saw people I hadn't seen in years, which was totally rad. My cousin Lee was even there (I hadn't known he was coming!), who I hadn't seen since I was four years old, and he looks and talks so much like Clinton it was sort of ominous. It was like Clint was there but stockier. Last time I saw him before Sunday he was 18, now he is THIRTY and has three chilluns. Insane. That makes my aunt and uncle grandparents, my grandma a great-grandma and my mom and dad great aunt and great uncle. It's crazy. It feels like Lee's having kids made my family sound so much older.
Anyway, it was really great. There was lots of food of course and lots of loudness, which is also of course, and swimming in the pool and wearing my NEWFOUND SUNGLASSES OF AWESOME SUPREMACY. I was also being a pyromaniac with the fire and I kept it going for a very long time. My uncle Dan was impressed.
And thoughout the day I knew exactly where my sunglasses were, and reminded myself not to forget them, because I had just found them and that would be most awful to lose them so quickly. In and out of my life once more.
I wonder how many people were there?
Uncle Dan, Aunt Heather, Lee, Lee's wife, Lee's three kids, Jazz, Jordie, Uncle Mudd, Aunt Amber, Amanda, Ben, Uncle Mark, Mom, Dad, ChloƩ, her boyfriend Dave, Courtie, his girlfriend Jena, and me.
21 people! Yeesh. It was a full house. I felt like a loser for not bringing Mugs. Ha ha, the only one who didn't bring her "special someone".
My goodness, as if I just said special someone.
Anyway, it was great fun, and it's too bad Clint couldn't make it. We even took photos of all the cousins and then of the siblings (my mom's siblings, that is), and it was frantic, and then we left and crammed ourselves back into the car and got all drooly and hairy again. And by that I mean Clara drooled and haired on us, not me.
About half an hour into the ride home, I realised I had forgotten my sunglasses, after all that.
Mom said she grabbed them for me.
Oh, good.
Good day.

PS the little wiener dog in the picture is the Fischer's, her name is Peanut.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Im glad the family stuff went well for you!

It is weird when your family grows up. My sister and her boyfriend took care of my littlest cousins a lot on vacation, and I realized that it wouldnt be too long before there's great-grandchildren instead of just 10 grandchildren on vacation.

And scarily enough, as I'm the oldest, the new kids could very well be mine! (Though, its way more likely that they'll be my sister's)

full_of_puppy_love said...

im forgot my sunglasses there too. and my bathing suit and my skirt and my tank top. sigh

Callie said...

your bathing suit is withus for soem reason.