email me. feel awesome.

01 August 2009

Boredom Exists Elsewhere!!


It turns out I wasn't the only one suffering from extreme perpetual boredom today. When Burma once again rescued me from the awful blah-ness that is every Saturday (thank you, my darling!), we went to the bay and swam and it was very nice. The water was very cold at first but it was nice and refreshing once I got used to it. Then we decided to go in so I wouldn't turn purple from coldness, and then we would go back in once I warmed up (because although I felt pretty warm everywhere else, my hands were white and my nails were so purple they looked painted). However, almost as soon as we sat on the beach, an old man wearing these absurd yellow cutoff shorts and a striped shirt came up to us and started talking, and we were like, oh, OK, we can talk to this guy for a bit. So he started telling us about the city and stuff and exhibited his surprisingly elaborate knowledge about weather and cloud formations and things, and it was moderately interesting, but he was rambling and sounding sort of monotonous, and I stopped listening and was really bored and trying to figure out a way to leave politely but firmly.
Well, this proved to be a very difficult task. This guy was virtually uninterruptable. He was jsut rambling on and on, and eventually he started witnessing to us, which in any other case I might have admired for his courage and things, but it was SO BORING. I guess this means he sort of pushed his boredom onto us. Plus, he went on for so long it kept us from goign back in the water, because the Sun was practically down so it would have been too cold and late. We eventually managed to get a "let's leave" sort of comment in there, but when we stood up to head out, he kept going! I eventualyl said thanks for sharing with us and booked it out of there, but it totally put a damper on our swimming experience, especially since we had such fun in the water. Anyway, I took a creepy picture of him (actually several), just to have evidence of his existence, plus I felt inspired to take my stranger picture of the week of that guy. Anyway, it really sucked, but at least we helped him have something to do for a while. I guess.
.

1 comment:

full_of_puppy_love said...

that looks like a plaid shirt, not stripes