email me. feel awesome.

13 August 2009

It was a short relationship.


Well, I quit twitter.
I kind of figured I would, as the site was being supremely unkind to me right from the get-go. No profile picture uploading, no design changing, sometimes not even a homepage loading. Plus, I have my "Right About Now" box, which is like twitter except better because I'm not limited to 140 words and I don't have to make an entire stupid account on yet another profile site, and I get to choose what sweet background I have in the box (right now it is a penguin, if you can't tell). Sounds better than twitter to me. That site and I just rubbed the wrong way. It was inevitable.
In other news, you know those little puzzle things where there is only one gap among all the pieces and you have to strategise about where to move each piece in order to create the image? Well, I solved one! I was thoroughly exhilarated after having finished it. It's the picture I used today, obviously. I was so proud of myself. I spent a kind of long time on it, between 20 and 30 minutes. I don't know if that's decent or embarrassingly bad, but I've never done one before, so I'm really happy! It put me in such a great mood. When I was in the final stretch and I could see exactly what pieces I had to move and where to complete, I felt like, actual adrenaline. I stood up and put my fist in the air and shouted, "Yes!" when I finished. It's kind of pathetic, and the fact that the picture is of a dinosaur-looking giraffe with eyelashes doesn't help. Nonetheless, it was a great success for me, and I feel very awesome at having done it. All mentally stimulated and whatnot.

No comments: