email me. feel awesome.

18 November 2009

For the Dead remind us we are Alive

Want to hear some old news? This computer sucks. Yes, indeed. I turned it on and then when I opened Firefox it all froze. I waited for a long time and then out of frustration I went against every fibre of my computer-savvy being clicked the mouse a bunch of times, and it actually did something. Eventually it started working, but it was really slow, and it keeps telling me I have an invalid window key or something like that, so I tried restarting Firefox and all that did was cause the computer to tell me I needed a Quicktime and iTunes update, which I did. For this to complete, I had to restart the entire computer, which interrupted this post, so I did that, gave up on the computer for the night and went to bed.
And now it is tomorrow. Sigh. I feel awful about not blogging. It seems every time I feel the inspiration the computer decides to go douchebag on me and it seems like I'm just neglecting it again. I'm really not, I promise you. I try to blog all the time and this cruel computer just turns me into another poor victim of a technological failure. The stupid thing would rather just sit here in sleep mode, never proving itself functional, or perhaps dysfunctional would be a better word. Maybe it is ashamed of its dysfunction. Regardless, it's keeping me from blog land and it's frustrating. So, what I'm saying is, I'm sorry my computer hates being used so much.
My next door neighbour killed himself. I'm not sure which day it was exactly, or when, but there were a lot of cars at his house on Friday and I heard through my brother's ex-girlfriend who knows the guy's daughter or something like that that he killed himself. I was very surprised to hear this. I never talked to him, or even really saw him at all, but he was still there. It also happened to occur the weekend I was home alone. It's strange to think that a life was ending while mine was continuing normally right next to it. I can't imagine wanting to kill myself, and I think even if I did I don't think I would have the resolve to even go through with it. I'm too freaked out by that kind of thing.

1 comment:

full_of_puppy_love said...

ah. mum's ADD never ceases to amaze. she was talking about clara and then said "i think that the neighbour killing himself happened while she was home alone" and i thought she was talking about the dog. i failed to understand the relevance.