email me. feel awesome.

06 November 2008

Yes, I know it's old news

Oh my goodness. It has been a while since I blogged! I have been meaning to so much. I started to yesterday, but my computer was being all screwy and whatnot so it didn't happen.
Anyway! So this is oldish news, but
OBAMA WON!
Yayyyyyyyy!
I was so happy when I found out. This is incredible! I still can't get over it. I'm living through our future's history. It's incredible. I just can't even describe how much it means to me, and how much it must mean to everyone else, considering I'm not even an American. Oof! Best news I've heard in a while! I'm thrilled! This exciting and invigorating and unique! It is a first, and hopefully not a last. Obama was truly the superior candidate. I'm glad I kept up on this
election.
In much less global and interesting news, at my dance class tonight my ex showed up. He just waltzed in and said he was "looking around". Hmm. It was unusual and very unexpected, and a little awkward considering that as soon as I broke up with him he started badmouthing me and here he was, watching me prance around in my tight little dance outfit. He left after a few minutes and there was mutual relief among us.
In even less intersting news (yes, there is such a thing), I bought new strings for my bass. Finally. My other strings were so dead and blah. They sounded terrible. Awful. Horrific, even! Ah, but now the sweet sound of fresh nickel rings pleasantly in my ear every time I plug in. It's a nice sharp, clear sound, compared to that awful muffled roundness I was getting from my very old, very exhausted strings.
I was jsut about to say good night, but I remembered that I just revived my vocal lessons again today!
Oh, Velma. She's such a sweet woman, and a fabulous teacher. I improved considerably in only half an hour. Of course, I was rusty and not really up to my standards, but there was improvement nonetheless. Velma Cook, you are a doll! An extremely talented fiend.
Goooooooooood night!

No comments: